Translation: The Inquisition
Release date: 13/10/2013 (Touhou Kouroumu 9)
Re-release date: 22/03/2020
Cover character: Patchouli Knowledge
This album is based on the Touhou witch trio (Marisa, Alice, Patchouli). It features a gothic and dark sound and it’s one of the most different sounding albums in the entire BUTAOTOME vocal discography.
Ranko (from ButaBest 2): The theme is gothic. The obi is deformed, and stuff like that, so the album has a bit of a unique feel to it. I wonder if this is the first and last time we’ll focus on the three witches.
It’s full of mysterious melodies, and the lyrics are mysterious, so we tried giving the album a mysterious feel.
But all the songs were difficult. Doing things different from usual is fun, but it’s also really challenging: we made this album with those thoughts. We grew through the process.
2020 reprint differences
– release dates for the first edition and the reissue are added on the back cover.
– the obi has a regular shape, and the missing part is pasted on the cover.
– (to be confirmed) the paper used for the booklet and the obi is the typical one used for almost every BUTAOTOME album.
Other than these differences, the reprinted edition is identical to the original 2013 version.
- 罪と罰 | Tsumi to Batsu – 2:59
– Original: U.N.Owen wa Kanojo na no ka?
- 死 ～shi～ – 3:13
– Original: Majotachi no Butoukai ~ Magus
- アネモネ | Anemone – 4:48
– Original: Voile Mahou Toshokan
- MiChi – 3:32
– Original: the Grimoire of Alice
- 創造 | Souzou – 4:26
– Original: Alice Maestra
- 生 ～sei～ – 3:36
– Original: Dim.Dream
- ヘレネの涙 | Helen no Namida – 4:06
– Original: Locked Girl ~ Shoujo Misshitsu
- 誤摩化し | Gomakashi – 4:57
– Original: Ningyou Saiban ~ Hito no Katachi Moteasobishi Shoujo
- Ranko – Vocals (all tracks), Lyrics (tr. 1, 3, 5, 8)
- Comp – Arrangement (tr. 1-4, 6, 7), Lyrics (tr. 2, 4, 6, 7), Bass, Guitar, Mix, Mastering
- Paprika – Arrangement (tr. 5, 8), Piano
- Ranko no Ane – Illustrations, Design
- Original works by ZUN