Life and death, and the space between.
Romaji: Shoujo Rengoku
Translation: Girl purgatory
Release date: 12/08/2013 (Comiket 84)
Cover character: Hieda no Akyuu
An album centered on youkai/oriental-based characters and Japanese melodies. The youkai arts of the album are traced from the “Gazu Hyakki Yagyou” series by Sekien Toriyama.
Ranko (from ButaBest 2): It’s summer. It’s Japanese-style. It’s youkai. That sort of CD. “Towa no Maigo” was the first time I was a bit satisfied with the lyrics I wrote. The same goes for “Meguru Gou”. “Hakanaki Mono Ningen” gets my blood pumping. It’s a frightening album, but it ends with “Bajitoufuu no Hate”, a Paprika’s arrangement, so I hope you’ll go back to the beginning and listen to it again.
Comment from Touhou Denshi Yuugi – Zusetsu: Released 12th August 2013, a “Touhou” full vocal album. It has a traditional taste, and it includes mainly serenades which make you feel somehow melancholic. It has 8 tracks, including “Hakanaki Mono Ningen”, an arrangement of “Yanagi no Shita no Dullahan”. So far 3 albums of this series have been released [note: the comment was published in 2017, before the release of the fourth album].
- 面隠し | Omokakushi – 3:19
– Original: Boushitsu no Emotion
- 永久の迷子 | Towa no Maigo – 3:03
– Original: Plain Asia
- 儚きもの人間 | Hakanaki Mono Ningen – 2:57
– Original: Yanagi no Shita no Dullahan
- 行方不明の。 | Yukuefumei no. – 3:45
– Original: Eien no Miko
- 禍々 | Magamaga – 2:53
– Original: Unknown X ~ Unfound Adventure
- 巡る業 | Meguru Gou – 3:58
– Original: Are no Kodomo
- 決答 | Kettou – 3:16
– Original: Niiru Renkachou ~ Red and White
- 馬耳東風の果て | Bajitoufuu no Hate – 3:26
– Original: Retrospective Kyoto
- Ranko – Vocals (all tracks), Lyrics (tr. 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Comp – Arrangement (tr. 1-7), Lyrics (tr. 1, 3, 5, 7), Bass, Guitar, Mix, Mastering
- Paprika – Arrangement (tr. 8), Piano
- Ranko no Ane – Illustrations, Design
- Original works by ZUN